Thursday, January 21, 2010

Does this happen to everyone?

Its been a long time I haven't really written any random stuff here and donno why, but today I am feeling like I should do it. And as I sat down to write, I was met with a strange revelation, I am at a loss as to what to write. They say, on an average, a human has about Sixty thousand thoughts a day, then why isn't even a single one of them giving me the liberty to write?

Guess its about the famous writers block that people talk about. I've heard a lot about it but I think today is the right time to know more about it, so I went to Wikipedia, and it gave me a very dipressing feeling. This is what it had to say.

WIKIPEDIA : Writer's block is a condition, associated with writing as a profession, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work. The condition varies widely in intensity. It can be trivial, a temporary difficulty in dealing with the task in hand. At the other extreme, some "blocked" writers have been unable to work for years on end, and some have even abandoned their careers.

The causes, it said, varied from being as basic as the authors lack of creativity, lack or loss of inspiration or even because the work is beyond the authors experience or ability. Hmm, Writers block, but is it really going to hold me back? I'm really not sure. I hope not.

I'll make sure that the creativity stays with me, I'll fight hard to keep my inspiration stay and as far as bloging is concerned, I really don't think that its beyond my ability. So, I'll surely keep trying to write and I hope that you'll surely see a new post soon.

5 comments:

Vibhuti Bhandarkar said...

Time and again Ive been bothered by the writer's block but what Ive realised is that..thats how ur brain tells you ur over worked..So give it a break!!!
Go for a lovely Spa therapy and see how the machine starts whirring back again..
Sometimes even a walk, barefoot in the greens has helped..
Hope it helps u too..
eagerly waiting 2 read a nice new story from u...:)

Nalini Hebbar said...

AHHH...the writers block!!!...don't give it a thought...just ignore it...it will go away...if you don't it will stay to torture you for days...

Unknown said...

hmmmm.... so the writer's block is troubling u.. ok i have an idea y don't u pass it over to me or gift it to me..heheheh...
ok just kidding dont worry abt all these stuff n just chill for someday s n i m sure when u will come u will comeback with a bang...
egerly waiting for a nice story from u

Anonymous said...

By seeing the two newly added pics.on the top juss one line strikes to me...i.e. Beyond the Horizon(The line at which the sky and earth appear to meet),and according to me ur creativity is unlimited and dainty,then be it photography or writing...dont even think of getting into any dipressing shell ever....
Life's b'ful explore it in ur own special way and ur inspiration will follow ur mind and heart....it's vice versa...:-)think urself an Horizon:-)(like in horizon the range of intrest and activity that can be antcipated )so be like it...it might sound vague but it's true according to me....that's me Vague...cheer!!

The Speaking Wood said...

:) Writer's block, but you've only just begun, there are words to sketch, memories to capture and smiles to regain...i think it would be more like writer's pitstop...you need to unwind...with the sceneries that you capture...with some melodies in your ears and some good old chai/wine and we all will wait eagerly for the next one...which will be sooner than you think, eh?

PS: u may not have written in words, but your pictures are no less than the most amazing sonnets ...Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails