Monday, December 21, 2009

The Unknown Caller

He saw her ending a call on her mobile as he walked thru the door. They were not sharing a harmonious relationship lately and both were disturbed with the turmoil in their life. ‘Who was it?’ He asked seeing the anxiety on her face when she saw him. She didn’t reply, instead she just walked past him to close the door. He didn’t have a good day at work and her strange behavior didn’t help the cause. ‘Who was it?’ he asked again and all he got was a ‘Don’t ask me again’ stare. As irritated as he was, he just walked to the bathroom and banged the door back on her face.

When he came out of the bath, he didn’t see her around. As he was gettingdressed, he saw her mobile lying on the bed. He picked it up to check the last call; it was a landline number, 2227001. He memorized it and walked out of the bedroom door determined to know who the caller was. He saw her calmly working in the kitchen. ‘It’s not going to work this ways.’ he said. She didn’t reply but felt exasperated.

‘So what do you want to do?’ she asked.

‘Why don’t you just reply to what I am asking, is it such a difficult question or are you trying to hide something from me’

‘Do I have to tell you everything I do?’

‘Yes, because we are into a relation and I expect that I should be aware of certain things that are happening around.’

‘Oh Ya, right.’

And with that she went back to her work. ‘I’m going out and will be late’, he said ‘and don’t call me up, I wont pick up your call, just leave me alone for the night.’ And he walked out of the house. She didn’t try to stop him.

‘Excuse me’, he heard a man saying as he was walking out of the gate. The man was carrying a big bouquet. ‘Is this house number 150, Roshan Layout.’ the man asked. When he answered affirmative, the man handed over the bouquet to him.

The card read, ‘Happy Anniversary Sweetheart’ and there was a phone number of the shop at the bottom of the card. He read the number twice. The number on the card was 2227001.

9 comments:

Nalini Hebbar said...

that's so sad...he should have trusted her...on top of that he forgot the anniversary too...well written piece

Shraddha said...

it ws really touchin.. u guys r lik dis only.. totallly buddhu...

Anonymous said...

:-)lovely buddy...

Sunny said...

@Nalini, Anonymous - Thanks, that would surely do good.

@Shraddha - LOL, I agree, but can't help it, can we?

Nethra said...

It was very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the story.
You write pretty well. :)

Sunny said...

@Nethra - Thank you so much

sonal said...

nice one.....

Sunny said...

Thanks Sonal

kpo said...

This is really an example that life can be bitter and sad. Thank you for sharing this interesting piece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails